- This event has passed.
Denver Gay Pride Float | Colorado Comedy Shows
June 19, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 amFREE
Smile And Wave!!! It’s The Denver Gay Pride Parade!
THEME: “American Bear” – Wear your Pride Colors or USA Flag Gear!!!!
Colorado Comedy Shows is assembling a dream-come-true for Chuck Roy! In order to promote Chuck’s big stand-up comedy concert, “American Bear” July 23 at the Oriental Theater in Denver, the posse has arranged a gay pride float!
Watch Our Pride Float Announcement Video!
Look For Our Pride Float!
It’s red, white and blue to celebrate truth, justice and some Bearly awesome stand-up comedy.
- YES! Like a good Top Chuck’s float is towards the end of the float!
- 9:30am start time from Colfax and Franklin
- Smile & Wave with us!!!!
- Wear USA gear or Gay Pride Gear
Our Parade team will be handing out fliers, shaking hands and welcoming you to Colorado Comedy Shows. Look for our float packed full of Colorado’s funniest stand-up comedians, allies, supporters and lovers!!! This year is Denver’s Biggest Pride Parade EVER!!! More than 150 floats full of fun and folic!
- TIP #1: After the parade, lots of people go to Civic Center Park. The best gates with the shortest line may be at 14th & Broadway.
- TIP #2: Parade lines-up at 9am. Starts at 9:30am.
- TIP #3: Watch the Parade from the sidewalk near Charlies!
- TIP #4: No Coolers, dogs or being uncool.
- TIP #5: If/when you see the God Hates Fags people, do not engage. Think, “I’ll pray for you.”
Please remember to hydrate! Drink lots of water! The weather is supposed to be sunny, warm and wicked awesome!!!!
Best Ways To Enjoy Denver Pride
Chuck Roy shared these notes from after attending a Denver Gay Pride meeting on June 13. A leader on the committee said, “It takes a village to put on the parade and we are the Village People.” A Denver Police officer spoke next and said, “There was a Police Officer in the Village People.” We are grateful to DPD and the Pride Committee for organizing the parade. There is still a need for parade volunteers to help line-up floats. If we end up with extra volunteers we will work on ways to share the support. Here are some ways to enjoy Pride.
- Support – some people are sad because of Orlando. Some people are afraid. We are gathering to support them, us, America, liberty and people who love Denver. Share your support. Shake hands. Introduce yourself. It’s okay to be a first timer. If you volunteered because you want to share in support we’ve got the team for you!!!
- Please be kind to our Muslim friends and allies. The Pride Committee reached out to the Muslim Community and the entire Muslim community reached back with a pledge of support. Many Muslim leaders and their friends and allies will be joining us at Pride in order to support. Many Muslims are afraid because they are judged to be different. Imagine that at PRIDE!?!?! NO WAY! We’re gonna be Prideful, together!
- If you are looking for another way to support for Orlando please donate blood. The Center suggested donations to “Equality Florida”. I found this CNN article that may help you evaluate the GoFundMe campaign.
- Invite Friends! Watch our float from the sidewalks of Colfax Avenue. Smile! Wave! Cheer us on! In the coming days we’ll release signs you can print and wave for us to better identify our supporters!
We Asked For Volunteers and We GOT ‘EM!!!
- Parade Marchers – Must be able to walk 3-4 miles
- Parade Float Riders – limited space available.
- Please read ALL the details and notes below.
BEST VOLUNTEER INFO! Please follow our facebook event page.
Volunteer Contact: (720) 352-6523 TEXT IS BEST
This page will be updated throughout the week.